Sunday, September 06, 2026

Trusting the Process


I have been busy digitizing my past journal entries. I had scanned them all and was in the process of converting them into Word documents on my desktop computer so I could begin cleaning them up. Then my desktop died. I wasn't too worried at first because I thought everything was synced with my laptop, but apparently the computer died before everything had been uploaded to OneDrive. The folders were there, but when I tried to open the files, the information wasn't.

Rather than scan everything again, I decided to begin reading my journal entries into Word. Surprisingly, the process has lifted me up. In some cases, I couldn't believe I had actually written some of the things I found. There was so much in those pages. There was love, help, hurt, struggle, and growth.

My journals don't necessarily reflect my life as completely as I would like. When I write, I tend to focus on what I am feeling and what is happening around me at that particular time. But as I have gone back through them, I have realized that I was having life experiences that were teaching me so much. Because of that, I began keeping a separate collection of experiences that have taught me lessons, along with things I have learned through my journal writing.

So now I have two sources of history, and really three, because I also have my scrapbook. The pictures tell stories too, although I haven't always written the stories behind them. Perhaps someday I will find an easy way to bring all of these things together. For now, I think it is okay for them to remain separate.

I am still struggling. I am still trying to learn and adapt to my life and to this season I am in. My life has left me living alone, while also taking care of Mom, managing her finances and homes, and carrying my own responsibilities. I know I have written about this before, but I think it is important to acknowledge that it is still a trial.

It is interesting because I also know how blessed I am. Heavenly Father has given me so many tender mercies. I have seen miracles and blessings in abundance. Yet being blessed does not take the heartache out of life. Having a partnership with someone you love like no other is so valuable. It gives you something that is difficult to replace when you are alone.

Still, I believe that through the grace of God, He can help fill in those missing places. I may not know exactly how, and perhaps I don't need to know yet. Maybe part of this season is learning to trust Him while I am still figuring out what my life is supposed to look like.

Even the world around me seems to reflect how unpredictable life can be. It has been incredibly hot here in Texas, and our grass is brown because we haven't had rain in a long time. Yet other cities are receiving so much rain that they are flooding. Some places are so dry they are dealing with fires. There are earthquakes, wars, tornadoes, tsunamis, and before long, I am sure, snowstorms somewhere.

There is so much uncertainty in the world, and I think it is important to hold on to what we know to be true. God is still God. He is still aware of us, and He will guide us.

I saw a rainbow the other day, and I couldn't help but think about the scriptures and God's promises. It reminded me that I don't need to spend my time worrying about when the end of the world will come. Some people are wishing for it, some are hoping for it, and some believe the time is already here. But only the Lord knows when He will come. My responsibility is simply to be prepared and to live faithfully today.

As for my own life, I don't really know what I want right now. I am still trying to figure that out. I don't sleep well, and that has been a struggle for most of my life. Next week I am going to the doctor to talk about what I can do to sleep better. I have a feeling that improving my sleep could change my world in ways I am very excited about.

I have also been studying a lot about the body and how our bodies work. They are truly divine. God created something so complicated and yet so beautifully designed to work together for our good. The more I learn, the more amazed I become.

I also find it interesting that the scriptures teach us there is opposition in all things. The more I study health, what we should eat, how we should care for our bodies, and what we should do to live well, the more I find that there are different opinions about almost everything. Yet I love it when my studies confirm and support the principles God has already given us about caring for our bodies.

I suppose I am still rambling a little because I don't completely know what I am trying to say. Maybe that is okay. Perhaps this is where I am right now. I am still learning. I am still adapting. I am still trying to understand this season of my life.

But there is one thing I do know. I love the Lord, and I know He will take care of me. I also know that there are things I have to make myself do, even when I don't feel like doing them. I don't have to do those things alone. He will help me find the strength to do what I need to do.

Maybe I don't need to have my whole life figured out right now. Maybe I just need to keep moving forward, one step at a time, trusting that as I do my part, the Lord will help me with the rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment