Thursday, July 23, 2026

When God Arranges the Meeting

 I thought I was simply stopping by a dental office for a brief business visit. The dentist had come across my information while sorting through old items in a blue tote and decided to reach out. Nothing about it seemed extraordinary but it happened to be a day with no patients for them and no other appointments for me, so the timing was effortless. I expected to be there no more than thirty minutes.

But God has a beautiful way of stepping into ordinary moments and quietly transforming them into something extraordinary.

From the moment I met the husband and wife team who own the practice, there was an immediate sense of familiarity that cannot be explained. We stood talking as though we had known each other for years. What should have been a short visit became three hours of sharing stories, laughter, and genuine connection. When it was finally time to leave, we embraced, and we all agreed that it felt more like family than friendship.

As I drove home, I thought about something my mother taught me many years ago. She often said, "Leave places better than you found them." Over time, that simple principle grew into something even deeper for me. Leave people feeling better than when you found them.

Every day we have the opportunity to bring peace where there is tension, kindness where there is hurt, encouragement where there is discouragement, and warmth where there is distance. We never know how much someone may need a listening ear, a sincere smile, or a few moments of genuine connection.

That afternoon reminded me that God sometimes brings people into our lives for reasons that have nothing to do with business. He orchestrates encounters because He knows exactly when hearts need encouragement. He arranges the timing, opens the conversation, and creates connections that only He could have planned.

I went there hoping to be a blessing, but I left realizing they had blessed me just as much. I drove away feeling lighter, encouraged, and grateful. It was a beautiful reminder that God's blessings often flow both ways. When we allow Him to work through us, everyone leaves richer than they arrived.

Some meetings are far more than appointments. They are divine intersections. They remind us that we are seen, known, and deeply loved by a Father who is always working behind the scenes. Sometimes His quiet whisper comes through the kindness of people we have only just met, reminding us that we are never walking this journey alone.

As I reflected on that unexpected afternoon, my heart was filled with gratitude. I thanked God for once again showing me that His hand is in the details of our lives. What appeared to be an ordinary business visit became one of those quiet moments I will always treasure.

Perhaps today God has arranged someone to cross your path. It may be a friend, a neighbor, a coworker, or even a stranger. Be willing to share a kind word, offer a listening ear, or simply be present. You may discover, as I did, that while you hoped to bless someone else, God had already planned for them to bless you too.

May we all become willing instruments in His hands, leaving every heart, including our own, a little better than we found it.

No comments:

Post a Comment