After our family reunion at Bear Lake, I came home tired but deeply happy. Our children and grandchildren gathered together, with only two missing because they are faithfully serving missions, and Grandpa watching from heaven. Being together felt like a gift.
When I returned home and stepped back into the responsibilities of everyday life, I noticed something unexpected. It felt as though someone had quietly pressed a reset button inside me.
It reminded me of what happens after a storm. Sometimes the electricity flickers or goes out completely. When the power returns, the clocks need to be reset, the Wi Fi reconnects, and the computers have to restart before everything works as they should.
Life can be much the same. We all experience seasons of loss, disappointment, uncertainty, or grief that feel like walking through a storm beneath a dark cloud. We pray for the skies to clear, yet often they linger longer than we expected. During those seasons, God rarely restores us all at once. Instead, He gives us small moments of light that gently guide us forward. A caring friend. A reassuring scripture. A peaceful morning. A quiet answer to prayer. We may not recognize it then, but He is leading us toward healing one step at a time.
Looking back, I realize that is exactly what He had been doing for me. Since losing my husband, I often felt like I was walking through that storm. Although the Lord faithfully placed small moments of light along my path, I did not realize He was already restoring my heart. I kept waiting for one defining moment when everything would feel different. Instead, He was healing me through a thousand tender mercies, preparing me for a reset I did not even know I needed.
Then God used a few simple days with family to do what I could not do on my own. Laughing over games, boating on the lake, sharing meals, telling stories, and simply enjoying one another became His way of restoring my heart. It was as if He cleared away the clutter, the storm clouds parted, and He quietly turned the lights back on inside me.
I am learning that sometimes the reset we need does not come from pushing harder or trying to fix everything ourselves. It comes through connection, joy, gratitude, and the people God lovingly places in our lives. Sometimes His greatest blessings are found in slowing down long enough to receive them.
If you have been walking through a storm, do not lose heart. The reset you are longing for may already be unfolding, one tender mercy at a time. God often works through ordinary experiences to accomplish extraordinary things. The conversation you almost skipped, the family gathering you almost missed, the quiet morning you almost rushed through may become the very moments He uses to strengthen your heart.
As I thanked Heavenly Father for this unexpected gift, I realized once again that He is always working behind the scenes. His timing is perfect, His love is constant, and His ways are often quieter than we expect.
My invitation to you is simple. Watch for the tender mercies. Notice the ordinary moments that fill your heart with peace, joy, or renewed hope. Thank God for them. One day you may look back and discover, as I did, that those ordinary moments were His extraordinary way of leading you out of the storm and quietly renewing your heart.
To my precious family, thank you for the laughter, the memories, the hugs, and the love you so freely shared. You may never fully know how God used each of you to bless me. You were part of His answer to a prayer I did not even know I was praying. I love each one of you more than words can express, and I will always treasure the gift of being together.
With a grateful heart, I thank my Heavenly Father for the blessing of family, for His tender mercies, and for the gentle reminder that He is always renewing our hearts, one ordinary moment at a time.
No comments:
Post a Comment