Wednesday, October 03, 2012

The Heart

I've been thinking a lot in these last few days about the heart.  Our heart is an organ that supplies blood and oxygen to all parts of our body. But the heart can't do it's part without the brain giving it direction, but again, no amount of direction from the brain can make a heart do it's job when it is broken. Without the heart working properly, the rest of the body will suffer and even cause death.


Today medicine has evolved so much that many broken hearts can be repaired and even restored back to good health.  Sometimes in order to help the heart beat correctly, changes may have to be made in the lifestyle of the individual.  We try to do things everyday to keep our hearts healthy, but when it breaks, it sometimes wakes us up to be more tender and careful with this priceless organ in our body.


These thought came to my mind because my heart has been hurting.  The difference is that it has not been my physical heart but my emotional heart.  When we talk about emotions we refer to the heart as the center for those feelings.We love, we hurt, we cry, we get mad, we hate, we seek and we search all with our emotional "heart".


Just as we seek help for our physically ailing heart, we too must seek help for our emotional damaged heart. Trials and tribulation take a toll on your emotional heart   It is this pain that causes you to dig deep into your soul or spirit to find ways to heal the damage.  It causes you to look and see what emotional food hurt the heart and what changes can be made to help heal the heart.


At first, my heart cried in pain, then it fought back with anger.  The more time I spent on my knees, I learned that I needed to spend more time on my knees.  My damaged heart was hurting.  As time began to pass my emotions went all over the place.  When I became a little more stable, I could then begin to feel and think more clearly.  The question was, am I feeling with a healing heart or with a damaged heart.  Maybe both, I don't know.  I just know that the core person of who I am began to rise to the surface. I began to be filled with love, hope and charity.  It didn't seem to matter how I was treated or what pain I felt, I just couldn't be less of a person than I am.  I love deeply, I care so much, I forgive and I hope.  I am not a quitter.  I have fight in me.  I can't run away from what I believe in and what I hope for.  I don't know the answers.  I know I may even look foolish to some, but though the pain that I have over and over is horrible, it is helping the cream to rise to the top.  I can't always see that or feel it, but I have glimpses of it, I see my character.


So just as we seek medical help for our broken physical hearts, I am seeking medical help for my emotionally broken heart. I feel that it will be a painful treatment.  When we are allowing factors in life to damage our physical hearts we have to make changes if we want a healthier heart. I need to make changes.  I would not have to if other factors would change, but I don't have control over those factors, I only have control over myself. 


My heart is broken.  I am searching for the correct "procedure" that can help my heart be healthy again.  I am not liking the options I see, but it appears that if I will stay in contact with the greatest physician of all, I will be led to at least have some peace.













No comments: