Wednesday, October 03, 2012

I'm Not Alone!! I Have Family!!


Image result for lds I have family clip art
You know we are never alone.  Some days I have felt that I was very much alone, but through little gifts in my life, He always lets me know that He is with me. 

An email comes or a phone call, a message on facebook or a blurb on a blog.  Sometimes a song or scripture reminds me that my prayers are heard as He guides others to love as He loves.  I feel this love and fortification from my family. 

Two of my grandchildren, Zach and Connor,  just left and we had a wonderful time together.  I wasn't sure what we would do to stay busy and happy, but it wasn't a problem at all.  I had pulled out my "grandma bag" just in case, but most of the things in there are more on the crafty side.  The little girls love doing about anything we come up with from that bag and I knew that Zach would too, but being able to do it with Connor would be almost impossible.  So  we ended up moving upstairs where we built a fort and played with the microphone and electric piano.  Finally the temptation to start running and jumping was too strong to resist so I became the announcer as the little dare devils performed their incredible acts of jumping from one thing to the next.  This literally went on for more than an hour.


I love little boys...and my little girls.  I miss the days when my children were little.  There is so much joy that comes from these children.  Fortunately grandchildren help fill in what I miss.  Kathryn, Hannah, Sadie, Elijah, Riley, Asher, Zach , Connor and Wesley are truly gifts from our Heavenly Father.  I love my grandchildren.  While it is different from my own children the love I feel for them isn't .  I am so blessed. 

So after Bec leaves with the boys, I was able to read a blog of a young lady whose family we know.  She got pregnant and gave her daughter up for adoption.  She has truely grown from the experience and I am happy for her.  However, as I looked at the pictures and read her story, I just cried.  I cried for the pain of those that choose to give up their baby and I cried for the joy of the family who get to adopt those babies.   I am very familiar with pain and heartache, but I cannot imagine how I would have lived without any of my children.  I am so grateful that I was able to be a mother of the most 6 beautiful children in the world.  They have brought me joy and love all my life and when I count my blessings, they are always top on my list.  And it gets better because they have married other beautiful children that are as special to me as my own children.  I am so, RICH!  Children, more children through marriage and grandchildren who are all the valiant of the valiant!!

Reflecting on these blessing however reminds me of my son Ben and his wife Alison.  They have not been able to have children and it does break my heart, but they are so strong and brave and face their trial with faith and hope. They are such a example to me.  And while they don't have children of their own in their home at this time, they are two of the greatest parents I know.  They are involved in the lives of many families and have been an influence in the lives of many children helping always to show love and guidance to any that have been blessed to know them.  I pray that one day they will be blessed with the joy of a child or children of their own.  It may be through adoption but however it is to be, I believe that blessing will be theirs one day.  But for now, they do not waste anytime feeling sorry for themselves.  They are always anxiously engaged in good works.  They serve and assist so many families in such positive ways.  I admire them deeply. 

So, the Lord has blessed us all to be there for each.

2 comments:

Jaime said...

You are such a great example to me Donna. I really think you're wonderful. :)

Donna said...

Thanks Jaime....I sure love you. I wish we were closer, but hopefully I will be able to come visit soon.

Hugs.