Wednesday, October 03, 2012

Grandma Arms




The other day while putting my hair up, I looked into the mirror and my eye caught something moving. I let out a loud sigh as my mind was screaming oh no!! I was looking at my new "grandma" arms. While they aren't immediately a new addition to this aging body, I usually try to ignore them and cover them up. I swore in my youth that I would "NEVER" allow my arms to become action figures on their own. But there it was, swinging right before my eyes, two grandma arms.


As I went out to work in the yard I couldn't quit thinking about my arms and how sad I was that I had let that happen to me, but as soon after the thought came out, it occurred to me that there is so much more to "grandma" arms. 



These grandma arms have been able to hold beautiful little grandbabies. These grandma arms have been able to help my children during times of need. These arms are able to do the laundry, to work in the yard and to serve others. These arms that I detest how they look are able to be folded as I pray to my loving Heavenly Father. 



The list continued as I remember that my physical body has arms. Arms that lift another, arms that take care of the sick. Arms that allow me freedom to do so many things that I couldn't do if I didn't have them. The thing I am so grateful about these arms is that they can embrace those I love in a hug. I am ever so blessed, grandma arms or not, that I can hug those that I love and care about.





No comments: