Sunday, January 26, 2020

Blueberry Muffin

I am sure that I don't remember the correct details of this story, but it did make me reflect on it as a great message we can all use. I thought I had written it down, but I wasn't able to find it so far. 

It seems that at one time Clarissa put before Kyler a muffin.  He was excited to eat the muffin until he bit into it and discovered that there was something in there he had not anticipated....it was blueberries


Clarissa tried to assure Kyler that it was still delicious to eat and wouldn't be harmful to him. I can't remember but I don't think he was easily convinced.  

This story made me of course think about life.  We all like what we are comfortable with but sometimes a wise and loving Heavenly Father throws blueberries into our muffins.  We may not be familiar with the change that has entered our life and we aren't sure we want to continue with the blueberries, but we can trust our Heavenly Father.  We can murmur and complain, throw a temper tantrum, but as the scripture says:

“After the Fire a Still Small Voice”  1 KINGS 17–19

When we quit complaining and throwing a fit we can listen for a still small voice that helps us understand that the Lord put the blueberries in on purpose.

Kyler could eat the muffin and trust what his mother was telling him knowing that she loved him and would not allow something harmful to be put before him to eat, or he could throw a fit and refuse to trust her and reject the muffin.  It's not the end of the world if Kyler chose not to eat the muffin, but he may just enjoy it and come to understand that blueberries can add a great flavor to his muffin.....to our life. 

With agency, we too can accept what our Heavenly Father puts before us or throw a fit and gripe and complain and refuse to partake of it.  Do we murmur about the blueberry muffins put before us by our Father in Heaven because we don't understand?



This lesson is a lesson that I need more than anyone.  I have been found guilty of griping and complaining about the blueberries, nuts, etc, that show up in an unexpected way in my life.  I don't do good with some changes and find myself asking if I dare to trust and partake.  I need to be better.  I need to:

I am going to try harder to embrace the unexpected blueberries in my life.  Thanks Kyler for helping me see life a little differently.



1 comment:

Ben McMurry said...

Life is full of unexpected blueberries.