Sunday, May 26, 2019

Be the Best Version of You!

I recently was blessed to stay with Jaime and Matthew as they went through the process of preparing to say good-bye to Jaime's mother when she passed away unexpectedly.  I learned many lessons during my visit to Utah, but the greatest one came to me after hearing the children and grandchildren express the many great memories and qualities of their dear beloved mother and grandmother.  As I sat like a fly on the wall, I could not hear all that was shared, but I felt that I wanted to be like her.  She created such a warm loving relationship with her family that they will never forget of her great love for them and their love for her.  I began to allow myself to think how can I be more like her as she had so many great talents and gifts that she used to build love and harmony and joy in her family. I wanted that and felt that I fell short and could NEVER measure up to her,  I could never offer or provide what she provided for her family.  But as quickly as those thoughts came followed the following thought.  

"I did not give you the same gifts or talents or children that I gave Shelly.  You were not meant to walk the same road or to have those same gifts.  I gave you gifts and talents for you to grow and magnify.  You just need to be the BEST VERSION OF YOU!"

What a tender sweet moment as I was taught what our Father in Heaven needed me to know and understand at that moment.  

There are many attributes that I can learn and emulate from Shelly.  She loved unconditionally.  She made all that came into her life feel like they were a part of her family.  You felt like royalty with both Glen and Shelly Forman.  That is something I can try to be like for that is a Christlike attribute that we all need to seek after.  She was also a great example of being HER BEST SELF!

Thanks Matthew and Jaime for this experience of being with your family and Jaime's family.  My heart has grown to be a little bigger and  better than it was before the trip. 

I love you guys!

No comments: